Friday, January 18, 2008

Cooking With Martha

Almost every home in America has at least one publication by Martha Stewart. From "Entertaining" to "Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes" MSLO has churned out book after book for the home cook.

As we begin this Friends of Martha Book Club, we celebrate the art of cooking and baking with the most recent release, "Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes."

As you page through this incredible volume, share your thoughts, your inspirations, your likes, your dislikes. Try your skill at attempting a layer of one of the cakes featured in the book and share your accomplishments with the rest of the community. There are no "requirements" to bake anything... but if you do, we certainly want to share in your celebration!

This month let's share baking tips, techniques, ideas, and stories. Have a cake horror story to share? Please send it! Have a great cake story to share? We'd love to hear it! Not sure about baking? You have a community of friends to help you!

This book club is a safe environment where all opinions are welcome. We hope you'll enjoy participating in this new venture!

9 comments:

Elaine said...

Kenn, you outdid yourself! This page is absolutely beautiful! Thank you to Claudine and Kenn for taking the ball and running with it when the suggestion for this book club came up at the MS Message board. I can't wait to get started!

Amy said...

Wow!! Beautifully presented! Kenn and Claudine thank you for making this happen. I can't wait to get a-baking! Need need to get more books that I see on pictures since I don't have some of it. Today went shopping for more Lorraine items on sale w/40% off of clearance prices!!!
Also got Martha's heart cake pan from Macy's.com did not see at store. Broke but very happy!:)

Amy said...

Wow! Beautifully done! Kenn and Claudine thank you for making this happen! I can't wait to get a baking either! I might have to go out and get a few books that you have in the pictures. Also need to get Martha's heart cake pan from Macy's.com haven't seen in store yet. Lorraine is on sale w/40% of clearance prices. Yeah! Broke but very happy! :)

Amy said...

Sorry!+.+ As you can see I'm clueless in what I'm doing in blogging. Did not meant to comment twice.

MarthaBookClub said...

Hi Amy and Elaine -
Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words. I'm very excited that we took this idea and ran with it. I think it will be an excellent opportunity for us to share our experiences, excitement and enthusiasm and in the process learn from each other.

Unknown said...

I am so excited for all our Martha friends to be a part of this. I think I need to go to Macy's to buy some new plates to celebrate :) Any excuse right.... Have a great Saturday all

leef said...

I look forward to participating!

leef

Anonymous said...

I've narrowed it down to about 5 cakes that I think I might be able to at least attempt from this book. So, what do I do, next? Just pick one and make it then send you pictures of the results and my thoughts about how it went? Do you want pictures of the project in progress (similar to Alexis and Jennifer's blogs on whatever radio?

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm such a dunce - all this time I was looking on the HouseBlend blog for this page. Kenn and Claudine, Kudos to you for setting this up and for presenting it so nicely! Can't wait to get my cakes in the oven - which ones though - that's the hard part!